Lee Hamil Little
Lee Little is now General Counsel for AU Medical Center, a component of the academic health enterprise at Augusta University, where she serves the legal needs of the medical center in a full-time capacity. She will remain a partner in our law firm, and she will continue to contribute and provide her expertise, insight and legal skills to serve our law practice as needed on an ad hoc basis.
A former federal prosecutor, Lee has extensive experience representing physicians, significant medical practices and other healthcare providers, business owners, high level professionals and successful entrepreneurs. Lee has represented many of our clients with regard to legal issues in the healthcare, regulatory, business, staffing or employment arenas, including: physician contracting, set up of concierge/direct pay medical practices, compliance plans and compliance disputes, professional credentialing issues, fraud and abuse investigations, HIPAA and security issues, partnership disputes and business dissolution, and employment law matters. Lee is a member of the Health Care Compliance Association and American Health Lawyers Association.
Apart from years of experience with a major academic health center, Lee has rare, sought-after experience as a federal trial attorney with the Department of Justice, where she prosecuted fraud and high level white collar criminal cases in federal court. She also clerked for two years for two Superior Court Judges (Hon. Albert Pickett and Hon. Carlisle Overstreet, in Augusta, Georgia). Additionally, Lee has many years of experience in the trenches of private law practice representing healthcare providers, businesses and individuals.
Lee has significant experience with clinical practice, professional credentialing, by-laws, medical staff privileges and discipline, outside professional activity, medical malpractice and defense, employment law and training, compliance and other administrative matters, research, higher education, health law, policy, regulation and contracts.
Leadership Augusta Class of 2016
Greater Augusta Arts Council
Gertrude Herbert Institute of Art
Physician Practices and Medical Corporations. STARK/ physician self-referrals. Regulatory compliance. Third party payor contracts, disputes and reimbursement issues. Defense of fraud investigations and medical audits. Medicare/Medicaid issues. Qui tam investigations. Contracts and transactions. Dissolution, partnership disputes, buy-outs.
Contracts and leases. Business formation and operations. Ownership agreements. Dissolution.
Background checks and hiring policies and procedures. Confidentiality, non-compete, non-solicitation and other restrictive covenants and agreements. Federal and state employment law statutes. Employment Contracts. Severance agreements. Termination decisions. EEOC investigations.
Higher Education Law
Leadership Augusta Class of 2016
Health Care Compliance Association
American Health Lawyers Association
The healthcare Compliance Association
National Association of College and University Attorneys
State Bar of Georgia
Augusta Bar Association
- GRU Executive Leadership Excellence Training Program: Negotiation Skills, March 2015
- GRU College of Graduate Studies, Augusta, GA, Responsible Conduct of Research: Data Acquisition, Management, Sharing & Ownership, Summer/Fall 2007 - 2014
- GRU College of Graduate Studies, Augusta, GA, Responsible Conduct of Research: Data Acquisition, Management, Sharing & Ownership, Summer/Fall 2007-2014
- GRU College of Graduate Studies, Augusta, GA, Responsible Conduct of Research: Conflict of Interest & Commitment, Summer/Fall 2007-2014
- GRU College of Dental Medicine Geriatric Dentistry Course, Augusta, GA, Legal Issues Affecting the Elderly, 2005 - 2014
- GRU College of Graduate Studies, Augusta, GA, Responsible Conduct of Research: Data Acquisition, Management, Sharing & Ownership, October 1, 2014
- GRU College of Graduate Studies, Augusta, GA, Responsible Conduct of Research: Data Acquisition, Management, Sharing & Ownership, September 24, 2014
- GRU College of Graduate Studies, Augusta, GA, Responsible Conduct of Research: Conflict of Interest & Commitment, September 17, 2014
- Georgia Psychiatric Physicians Association Summer Meeting. Amelia Island, FL, The Cannabis Conundrum: A Medical Marijuana Update, August 2, 201 ( Panel discussion )
- Georgia Regents University. Workforce Training: Open Fora and College Chair Meetings, TimeNet for Exempt Employees, March 5, 12, 17, February 13, 19, January 23, 2014
- GRU Medical College of Georgia Essentials of Clinical Medicine Course, Augusta, GA, Law and Medicine, October 28, 2013
- GRU Medical College of Georgia China Observership Curriculum: Medical Ethics, Augusta, GA, Conflicts of Interest, October 23, 2013