Atlanta Medical Audit Law Firm
Our Atlanta and Augusta healthcare law firm represents physicians and other healthcare providers and businesses in connection with medical practice audits. Whether your need is to reduce the risk of a medical audit, effectively respond to an audit notice, advocate your position response to audit results, or pursue administrative or legal remedies respecting an audit, our healthcare law firm will protect your business and financial interests.
Georgia Healthcare Law Firm
Virtually all healthcare providers who submit claims or bills to third-party payers, including Medicare, will potentially be audited at some point. The financial risks and headaches associated with an audit can – but do not have to be – daunting. While it is not certain what event will trigger an audit, there are proactive steps that any physician or medical practice can take to reduce the likelihood of an audit:
- Review and analyze the Comprehensive Error Rate Testing study outcome to ascertain your use of billing codes that are frequently billed in error so that, if necessary based on your use of such billing codes, you can verify them and ensure appropriate supporting documentation.
- Using the government’s website, www.cms.gov, compare your use of codes and modifiers to other healthcare providers in your particular specialty.
- Conduct an effective internal audit based on claim and chart reviews to ascertain coding duplication, errors, or inadequate documentation of billed codes and remedy all such deficiencies.
- Stay current on all updated coding regulations
Other risks factors applicable to your particular practice area or specialty may warrant additional proactive steps your business should take to minimize the risks of being audited. If you receive an audit notice of any type, it is important to self-assess your risk in a comprehensive and accurate way to determine the appropriate defensive steps that will mitigate the potential financial loss.
Our law firm has a strong reputation for its commitment to representing the interests of healthcare providers.
“Kevin Little [of Hamil Little] represented the Medical Association of Georgia and individual physicians in a matter addressing the abuses of the health insurance industry. Kevin was a pleasure to work with and brought forth legal theories to hold the health insurance industry accountable to physicians and patients. We received outstanding representation from Kevin.” *
Donald Palmisano, CEO, Medical Association of Georgia.
Our firm can assist you with the following services to protect your interests regarding medical audits, with respect to third-party payer medical audits, RAC audits, Medicare contractor audits, or a Section 340B audit:
- Medical audit preparedness and review
- audit response
- Medical audit advocacy
We have offices in Atlanta, Georgia, and Augusta, Georgia. The focus of our law practice is representing healthcare providers and businesses. Our law firm has been rated “AV” by Martindale Hubbell for over ten years and is rated “10” by AVVO. To schedule a confidential consultation, email us at email@example.com or contact us at our office closest to you.
DISCLAIMER: Any result this law firm or any lawyers of this law firm may achieve on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.